How to Apply for Operation Holiday Assistance
The City's three Neighborhood Resource Centers (NRCs) are application sites for Operation Holiday. Applications may be submitted in person from Nov. 4 through Dec. 2, 2019 at the following locations and times:
Atwater NRC, 2755 E. 19th St. N., application hours: 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Fridays. Contact the center at: (316) 303-8016.
Colvin NRC, 2820 S. Roosevelt, application hours: 9 to 11:30 a.m. Monday. Wednesday. and Friday., 1:30 to 5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday and one Saturday only from 9 to 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 16. Spanish-speaking assistance is available at this location. Contact the center at: (316) 303-8029.
Evergreen NRC, 2700 N. Woodland, application hours: 9 to 11:30 a.m. Monday. Wednesday. and Friday, 1:30 to 5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Spanish-speaking assistance is available at this location. Contact the center at: (316) 303-8042.
- Households may apply for holiday assistance from either HumanKind Ministries’s Operation Holiday program or Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program. Please make sure your household applies to only one holiday assistance program.
- Applications must be completed in person.
- Applicants are helped on a first-come, first-served basis.
2019 Eligibility Guidelines
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
- Be 18 years of age or older. Emancipated teens age 17 may apply, but must bring court documents.
- Be a member of the applying household (only one application per household).
- Confirm their household has not submitted applications to another holiday program.
- Live in Sedgwick County or surrounding areas.
- Be prepared to choose a date and time for distribution.