Check Out Free Wi-Fi Hot Spot
In an effort to address the digital divide, the City offers free Wi-Fi hot spot rentals at the three Neighborhood Resource Centers. Hot spots are small portable devices that provide mobile Wi-Fi to up to 15 user devices. Hot spot rental guidelines are as follows:
- A government-issued ID and proof of address are required at time of checkout.
- Hot spot rentals are only available to Wichita residents.
- Individuals must be 18 years or older to check out a hot spot.
- Hot spots can be checked out for up to 14 days at a time.
- Due to high demand, individuals must wait 24 hours (weekends not included) between returning and re-checking out a hot spot.
- There is no wait list or system to hold the devices. The devices are checked out on a first come, first served basis.
- Only one hot spot can be checked out to an address at any given time.
- The devices are automatically deactivated at the conclusion of the 14-day checkout period.
- Devices should be returned fully charged to the Neighborhood Resource Center they were checked out from.
- A history of late returns or returning damaged or missing parts will result in a rental ban.
- Any network or device problems should be addressed with T-Mobile Technical Support (1-844-361-1310). The Neighborhood Resource Center/City of Wichita does not provide any technical support for the hot spots.
For more information, including hot spot instructions and policy, select this link.
Contact a Neighborhood Resource Center with any questions. For contact information, select an appropriate link below:
Southeast: Colvin Neighborhood Resource Center
Northeast: Atwater Neighborhood Resource Center
Northwest: Evergreen Neighborhood Resource Center