Water Service: How to Transfer to a Different Account Holder

When transferring water service out of the primary account holder name, photo identification and one of the following documents is required:

  • ┬áDeath Certificate, Executor of Estate, or Obituary Notice if the primary account holder is deceased
  • Incarceration Papers if the primary account holder is incarcerated
  • Power of Attorney if the primary account holder is incapacitated

A deposit is required for transferring service. The deposit is waived after signing up for Water Bill Auto Pay or evidence of twelve continuous months of on-time utility payments at any utility.

Either a social security number or individual tax identification number (ITIN) must be provided.

Identification and documentation are to be brought to the 8th floor at City Hall, 455 N. Main to complete the request.

For additional information or assistance, please email watercustomerservice@wichita.gov or call 316-265-1300.

This article was helpful
This article was not helpful