Water Service: How to Transfer to a Different Property

The primary account holder may request transfer of water service from one property to another property. Place the request:

  • online at: Water Service Request (after a form is submitted, a representative will call to complete the request)
  • ┬áby calling 316-265-1300
  • or in person at City Hall, 455 N. Main Street, 8th floor

A deposit for the transfer is required. The deposit is waived after signing up for Water Bill Auto Pay or evidence of twelve continuous months of on-time utility payments at any utility.

If service has been stopped for nonpayment at the new property within the 90 days prior to the transfer request, verification is required. Provide the following documents: photo identification and one of the following:

  • Lease Agreement
  • Deed showing new ownership

Bring the identification and documentation to the 8th floor at City Hall, 455 N. Main.

If there is an outstanding balance greater than $150.00 at the old address, a temporary contract agreement may allow service at the new address. When a temporary contract is in place:

  • The outstanding balance must be paid within 14 calendar days from the date of the agreement.
  • Service may be discontinued without notice if the balance is not paid within the 14 day period.
  • If service is discontinued for nonpayment at the new address, the outstanding balance at the old address plus all charges from the new address must be paid in full before service is restored.

Note: One temporary contract is allowed within a five year period.

For additional information or assistance, please email watercustomerservice@wichita.gov or call 316-265-1300.

Related topics:

Water Service: Start or Turn On Water Service

Water Service: Stop Water Service

Water Service: How to Transfer to a Different Account Holder

Water Rates and Fees

City Water Sources

This article was helpful
This article was not helpful