Report a Drinking Water Quality Issue
Many factors can effect drinking water quality. For example, if the issue occurs only with hot water but not with cold, there may be a problem with the hot water heater. Cloudy water might mean that there is air in the water line.
For assistance finding the cause of a water quality issue, contact the Water Laboratory at 316-269-4771.
To help determine the cause, the lab will ask for the following information:
- The nature of the issue- whether the water is cloudy, colored, dirty, milky, have a bad odor, contain particles, or have an off taste.
- The duration of issue
- Length of time you have lived in the home
- Whether the water is city or well water
- Whether the water issue happens at all cold water taps
- Whether there has been recent service to the water heater
- Whether there is a water softener
- Whether there is or has been construction in the area