Lost Pet Information
Pets that are at the City animal shelter are photographed and can be viewed on the PetHarbor website. To search for a pet:
- Select the PetHarbor link below.
- On the left side of the PetHarbor page, enter "Wichita" in the City Name field and then select Lost my Pet.
- Select Wichita City, KS
- In the Search Online area, select Dog if you are searching for a dog, Cat, if you are searching for a cat, or Other Animals, if you are searching for a different type of animal.
- Select the check-box for Wichita Animal Shelter: Wichita, KS and then select Search Selected Shelters.
- On the next screen, do not select any additional options (doing so may prevent you from finding your pet).
- Select Search Now.
- Scroll through the results and view the pictures. Click on a picture to view more details and obtain the animal's shelter identification number.
- Call the shelter at 316-350-3366 and report the shelter ID number. The staff will issue more information and further instructions.
On the PetHarbor website, you can also register to receive emails regarding potential shelter matches for your pet.
You may also visit the City of Wichita Animal Shelter in person at 3303 N. Hillside. The shelter is located south of Highway 96 on North Hillside, next to the Kansas Humane Society.
The shelter houses pets for a minimum of 3 days if the pet does not have identification such as an ID tag or microchip. Pets with identification are held for a minimum of 7 days.
If your pet has been missing for longer than the hold times, please check with the Kansas Humane Society at 316-524-9196, as your pet may have been transferred for adoption.
Animal Services keeps a deceased animal list for all deceased domestic animals that were picked up within the Wichita city limits.
The shelter is open:
11:00 a.m. until *6:30 p.m. **Monday through Saturday
1:00 p.m. until *5:00 p.m. Sundays and holidays
*No transactions (release or receiving of animals) will occur in the 30 minutes prior to closing times.
**The shelter is closed for training on the first Monday of each month.
The shelter is also closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
For more information regarding the shelter, select the link below or call 316-350-3366.
Check social media sites and also the websites listed below for additional assistance locating a lost pet: